The New colour fanatic instant deep conditioning mask is the first multi tasking rinse out treatment that delivers everything you expect from a mask and so much more. It comes in the new no mess dispenser that makes applying in the shower or bath tub so much easier. It protects against heat and damaging UV rays and reduces static and instantly smoothes the frizzy. The fragrance is rose and the oils are camelina and olive. It is 100% vegan and is zero sulfate free.
Makeup now is about being a minimalist. It’s easier, more natural, simple and all around “lower maintenance”. It does not mean no makeup it means looking fresh, sporty yet luminous at the same time. What’s great about a more natural style is that it’s not chasing youth (that shouldn’t be the goal anyway); it just allows you to look like a well pulled together version of yourself. Fashion is influenced by the times, and we live in a very health and fitness-oriented society right now. That’s why we are seeing so much athletic-inspired clothing. And, of course, when we wear more casual clothes, the face has to match. It will transform you into the best version of yourself while still making you completely recognizable. I have a service called “The 5 minute face”. It is 5 products in 5 minutes making you look 5 minutes younger.
Here they are:
1. CONCEALER- Go with a colour that goes with your skin tone. Put it on the lids, under the eyes, side to nose and on and under the lip area. This high lights these areas that usually go darker with age.
2. BROW TINT- Go with a colour with is little lighter than your hair colour. Apply on lightly using the brush to gently glide the hair strands. It darkens the brows and covers the grey if you have any.
3. CURL LASHES AND USE BLACK MASCARA- This opens up the face, brings out the natural eye colour and gives a natural appearance the face.
5. USE A SOFT BRONZER OR BLUSH COLOUR- Keep it light and fresh by putting it on with a small fan brush. Remember, to put it on the cheek bones and into the hair line. This gives you a soft glow that makes you look “sun-kissed”.
6. LIPGLOSS- This is the most fun!! You can not gave enough fresh, light, fun glosses. Try any colour that goes with your personality, skin, and hair colour. A lot of glosses now have vitamins in them to keep your lips moist and soft.
Now go do this!! Try it on. Keep it fresh.
How you should shampoo your hair??!!
1. You should shampoo your hair more often if your scalp is oily. If it isn’t every other day is good.
2. You should shampoo your whole head. Work the shampoo into your hands then at the root or base area of your scalp. Work your hands every where and scrub the back to the front areas of the head.
3. You should get a lot of lather. If your shampoo doesn’t lather, you can usually tell whether your hair is getting clean by examining the tips of your fingers after scrubbing. If they are not coated in shampoo, that means shampoo is not getting to your roots. Rinse and reapply!!
4. You should keep rinsing until there are no bubbles. You need to rinse your hair a lot so there is no more shampoo residue on the hair. This way the hair will be shinier and smoother when it is blow dried.
1. Switch your shower line up- Use a Volume Shampoo and Conditioner to get full hair. I use PureOlogy Pure volume shampoo and condition. The hair will not be weighed down if you use these kind of products.
2. Leave the Bathroom- It might seem like the obvious place to style you hair, but if it’s humid, your blowout will be frizzy.
3. Use Fanatic 21 leave-in Conditioner- Use this leave-in spray by PureOlogy BEFORE you put any other stylers in your hair. This will help with frizz control and shine.
4. Put your products in Hair- Put your stylers on when the hair in toweled dried. Use a gel, mouse, or oils at this time and put in from base to ends. Make sure the hair has moisture in it so the products go on easier. Then, air dry for about 15 minutes. Get Dressed, make coffee.
This will freeze kinks and waves in place so they can’t be undone with a brush and dryer.
5. Always blow dry the bangs/fringe first- Use either a round brush, fingers, or paddle brush to dry the bang area.
6. Sue an ionic dryer- This kind of dryer protects the cuticle and smooths the hair while drying.
7. Count to four or five- When you let hair cool for a few seconds on the brush, it dries bouncier and fuller.
8. Air dry- When the hair is all dry take the dryer and work the dryer over the entire head to make sure everything is dry and put more fullness in the hair. It needs to be 100% dry or it will frizz.
9. Use oil/spray to put everything in place and puts moisture in the hair so it stays full and smooth
10. Go and look beautiful!!! GREAT JOB!!
Chicago Over 40 Female 2014 Inspiration Awards
Lauren Cassidy, owner of Visions for the Art of Hair won 2 awards on
from Over 40 Female. Lauren won the Cooperative Collaborator Award with
Annie Kasak of Annie Occasion for Any Occasion for working together on a
Lady by the Lake photo shoot in September of 2014. I worked on the hair
on 4 models and Annie worked on all the flowered headpieces for the models.
It was a Hugh success.
Lauren was also nominated and won Female of the Year from Over 40.
This meant Lauren was nominated and voted by the women in the group. They felt that I was a high caliber member and I impacted the organization. Here are some of their comments:
Lauren is a class act. I love her pampering she gives at her salon and her fun personality.
Lauren is always so up lifting and friendly. She is an awesome woman.
Lauren is wonderful. The very first time I met her in Wheaton I knew she would be my new hairdresser. She is enthusiastic, supportive and fun to be around. She includes other and is easy to talk to.
I was able to work with her and see the amazing hair and makeup she did on a few models. She truly is talented and a great person to know.